Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What's a good treatment for eczema?

I heard that Eucerin helped, so I tried that. It made it worse. Is there anything that's not presciption but not some wierd internet scam that will help?What's a good treatment for eczema?
My daughter has it really bad all over. She has had it since she was borna dn we have tried all of the other options that were listed below. Well all except the tibetan monk one.





We are now using Arbonne diaper cream, which rubs completely into the skin. With an all over baby lotion from Arbonne.





Since she was previously on elidel, protopic, and different levels of steroid creams and it wasn't working well. I figured I would try this. There aren't any side effects like with the other lotions. And for a plus it is certified vegan and is all natural.





If you are intrested just let me know and I can point you in the right directionWhat's a good treatment for eczema?
I had it horribly when I was young, to the point where I was tearing whole layers of my skin right off. Gross, I know. My parents had to tape oven mits to my hands so I wouldn't scratch. After we went through bunches of clueless doctors, one finally gave me huge doses of Prednisone, which knocked it right out...temporarily. Eczema goes through stages, and will lessen as the years go by. That's in my case, anyway. I'm 19 now, and only rarely get inflammations around the toes or knuckles. Prescription medications are really useful for killing the itch and reducing the appearance of rashes, but if that's out of the question, I recommend Glaxal Base moisturizing cream. Don't buy any scented or perfumed crap, that will only irritate and burn immensely. Speaking from experience. :o)
unfortunately there isnt a cure you can buy over the counter. you can try Aquaphor or nivea (the thickest formula is in a jar, not a pump) and apply it every day, but to really help the condition optimally , your best bet is to see the dermatologist for either a topical steroid cream or one of the new prescription topicals without steroids. there isnt a cure for eczema but there are a lot of options to make you more comfortable in your skin (literally!). best of luck!
Often skincare products can contain unnecessary ingredients such as colors or fragrance.





But also look out for harsh preservatives, like parabens, which can trigger an eczema flare-up.





I found a really useful site that lets you compare the ingredients of several leading brands, its from a company called exederm





Exederm make ultra hypoallergenic skin care products for adults and kids with eczema or dermatitis





Its common sense - not weird





http://www.exederm.com
My daughter gets awful eczema on the backs of her knees and the crooks of her elbows. Until recently there was really nothing that had worked, but a friend of mine told me about an all-natural kids skincare line called TruKid that has a product called the Hero Stick and a new one Rockin Rash Relief. Both use herbs and plants with anti-inflammatory and mouisterizing properties, which helps soothe the eczema and also prevents the dry flaky skin. When I contacted TruKid with questions they offered to send me some samples so if you're wary of buying before trying it, I'd suggest you give them a call and ask for some samples. But I really recommend you try it!
I suffered from eczema on my hands and wrists for almost 10 years and nothing over the counter worked. The doc gave me some prescription cream that helped a little. My problem was always worse during the winter months. What's funny is someone once told me that they had eczema for years and then all of a sudden it just went away. Like they grew out of it. Well, some how it just went away 3 years ago.
Some eczema treatment products have been causing harm to the skin and thus causing more skin irritation. try to use an all natural eczema treatment which contains only essential and natural ingredients are safe and effective as skin disorder remedy.





having been exposed to soaps, deodorants and cleansers can trigger eczema. it is not weird that eczema can be breaking out at some point in your life. it can come anytime because it is caused by a skin irritant.





keep your skin hydrated by drinking a lot of fluids and using an all natural moisturizer. avoid skin irritants and rough and scratchy clothes. avoid being exposed to perfumes and fragrant skin care. be careful not to scratch your skin, cut fingernails as soon as possible. visit http://www.skinoriginal.com for more tips to avoid eczema flares
hey, i have eczema too ;-)! its all over both of my feet and i have really bad patches that itch! i dont go out and buy a prescription or anything i just buy petroleum jelly, or vaseline! i just put it on and it relieves the itching and makes my feet less dry. makes it a little greasy but it works for me, i hope it works for your too. also it cleared up the eczema on the bottom of my feet!
If you're looking for an organic solution try Aloe %26amp; Marigold from a brand called KuK Organics. It did wonders for my eczema. It really works. A bit pricey but does the job without harshful chemicals too.





You can google it or I think the site is


www.kukorganics.co.uk
i used to have eczema. i used an ointment prescribed by my doctor called ';Protopic.'; it's really greasy, but it was effective. my eczema hasn't returned and it's been over three years. (it used to come back every summer.)





good luck!
I heartily recommend using herbal treatment like Zenmed Eczema and Dermatitis Solution


http://zenmed.com/eczema-dermatitis/?a=5鈥?/a>





Very effective.
if its bad i use prescription but i know that you dont want prescription so i use Lubriderm or Vaseline hope this helps:)
try checking out a local chinese medicine store...they have ';never-heard-of'; BUT truly effective medicines...or better consult a dermatologist...self medication sometimes can do more harm than good :)
Try the semen of blind tibetan monks twice a day. Works wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment