Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What's the best eczema treatment, IYO?

I think my daughter might have some very mild eczema on her arms and legs. Our apartment is wall to wall carpet (except the kitchen and bathrooms) and I think that's what's causing it, because she creeps around all day long.


I give her oatmeal baths every other night, and slather her with moisturizer right after her bath, and whenever else I can get her to stay still.


We're really broke right now, so it'd be hard to take her to the doctor, but it's really, really mild, so... in the meantime, what else can I do to work on it? When I say mild, I mean, it's not even red, it's just a little bumpy.


Of course, it is took a turn for the worse, I'd get her to her doctor right away.


I also have some skin problems, the skin on my hands always gets really dry all the time because I wash my hands so many times a day, I could use some relief, too.


Just wondering, what worked best for you?What's the best eczema treatment, IYO?
My son had eczema too, and our pediatrician recommended Eucerin Cream. Every night after bath put this on. Within a few days my son's condition was cured. :-) And he never got it again.


I use this ever so often for my hands as they are severely dry all the time from constantly washing them. I use it at night so I'm not going through the day washing my hands and washing it off. It will help you as well. :-)


Always use a cream base moisturizer for severely dry hands, or eczema. Using regular lotion has alcohol in it and will dry your skin out.


Hope this helps. :-)What's the best eczema treatment, IYO?
my son also has eczema and our apartment is also wall to wall carpet...what worked for us is Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Eczema Cream. It's awesome. he started to clear up in a couple of days. and it contains oatmeal and active natural compounds so you'll be double teaming the treatment. you can get it at Wal-Mart, Target, or any drug store in the baby department. it costs about $5.00. good luck!
Please dont think I m mad or anything, but my friends kid had eczema quite bad and I would bring him Mud soap from the Dead Sea each time I went to israel and my friend swore by it. I know that you can buy them anywhere in the world but the mud has really great healing vitamins in it





good luck


Kim


http://www.kiddycat.co.uk for all your unique yet essential baby and children's accessories
Aveeno Baby. It's in the baby section in a white bottle. I tried all kinds of lotions for my little one and this was the ONLY product that worked. It cleared his skin up within 24 hours. it's specifically formulated for babies with eczema
I dont know why this worked but desitin worked on the eczema. I put the desitin on and then put vasoline over it. It cleared up within days.
My son had a very mild case of it and we changed his lotion to Eucerin Orignal and Dove unscented body wash. Cleared his skin right up! And we still to this day use it on him :)
My Mom used to put Castor Oil on my niece for her eczma, it seemed to work.
For my daughter I use Aquaphor its made by Eucerin...it works great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment