Sunday, December 13, 2009

What is the best treatment for infant Eczema?

My 8 week old has developed eczema. It is around his eyebrows and forhead? I know you usually let it run its course, but is their anything you can put on it to help it? What is the best treatment for infant Eczema?
I believe it's hyrdocortisone that you put on it. A home remedy that really worked for my grandmother was Crisco (yes, the one for baking). Her dermatologist recommended it. My mom and aunts had tried evreything to relieve her, and finally the Crisco was the one thing that worked. What is the best treatment for infant Eczema?
can u pls tell me if i have aczema:D


pls answer


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Amw3qJOd6JeKVMqV2K1Tf3Lsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20081203094520AA9dGzv Report Abuse

My daughter had the same thing when she was little.





I used Aquaphor.I also bandaged it,it helps seal the moisture in,and keeps from scratching.(And just do this at night,you don't have to do it all day.)





My favorite things:


Aquaphor(for babies)


Burt's Bees(just the regular baby lotion/moisturizer they have)it helps.


Aveeno Eczema lotion(for babies,of course)








Make sure you dont bathe it too often because that can irritate it, and so can soaps,so make sure you use like a baby bath(such as Johnsons,etc)





By the way,if you take him to the doctor,all they can do is prescribe a powerful anti-itch. Otherwise,it is mainly up to you to care for it until it goes away.


I believe you can get Aquaphor at the major drugstores such as CVS,Walgreen's etc.



ive had it since i was a baby, im 13 now and im healthy! its also gone away know... but thats besides the point, and you are understandably worried. erm my mum always tries to cover me in e24(?) cream? its something like that E then a two digit number... i really hope this helps but probably wont...
Find a good, natural shea butter; not those generic OTC brands and rub just a little on the area affected each day.





If you are unable to find a good shea butter, look into the eczema creams made by the major baby brands.
they doctor will perscribe you something..





in the mean time you can try baby oil? i'm no doc tho

No comments:

Post a Comment