Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dyshidrosis Eczema Treatment?

Okay, so I think I have Dyshidrosis. I had it for one month. I have tried every skin care lotion for Dyshidrosis, but still nothing.Do I have to go to the doctor, or it's not worth it. Will it cause any diseases or anything? I know I have it because it is itchy and I have this bumps on the side of my fingers. The side of my fingers are cracked, dry and rough. And on my thumb it looks as if there's knife cuts but I don't know. Please help! Dyshidrosis Eczema Treatment?
My opinion is, go to a dermatologist or a good general medicine practitioner. You may have allergies that provoke this condition. Learning how to avoid irritating your skin would be an important first step in controlling your skin's breakouts.





The Mayo Clinic considers this a significant enough condition that they treat it; so by all means take it seriously. Breaks in your skin, specially that on your hands leave you vulnerable to staph and other infections.





From the Mayo Clinic site:





Tests and diagnosis


In most cases, your doctor can diagnose dyshidrosis based on a physical exam.





Occasionally, a skin biopsy is necessary to confirm the diagnosis or to rule out another cause. In this test, your doctor removes a small sample of the affected skin. The skin sample is examined under a microscope to confirm a diagnosis of dyshidrosis.





Your doctor may also recommend a procedure called a KOH test to rule out other causes, such as a fungal infection. To perform a KOH test, your doctor scrapes your skin with a glass slide to collect dead skin cells. The skin cells are mixed with potassium hydroxide (KOH) and viewed under a microscope to help single out a fungal infection.





If an allergy is suspected to cause dyshidrosis, a patch test (contact hypersensitivity allergy test) may help determine a possible cause. During a patch test, potential allergens are applied to a patch, which is then placed on your skin to check for a reaction.





Dyshidrosis Eczema Treatment?
I get rid of my eczema by using serenaskin ointment and spray. Hope it will stay this way.


You can get it at serenaskin.com, it is natural herbal remedy.


Highly recommend.


Best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment