Sunday, December 13, 2009

Can you suggest any remedies or treatment for eczema (atopic dermatitis) that you know to be effective?

I have chronic severe eczema and have been struggling with it for years and just havn't found anything that has been able to effectively manage it. I would appreciate any suggestions.Can you suggest any remedies or treatment for eczema (atopic dermatitis) that you know to be effective?
Renew skin lotion has worked on my son and every other person with skin problems that I know (about a dozen)Can you suggest any remedies or treatment for eczema (atopic dermatitis) that you know to be effective?
sebulex


its a body shampoo it stinks but works well you need a script for it
i have that and my dr. gave me a lotion called lac-hydron and u can only get it from a doctor but it works or i also use Jergans ultra healing lotion and i actually think it works better than the lotion from my doctor
YES! I found something new that really has helped my son's gfriend.. she has had terrible excema all of her life.. I was a the drugstore and found Emu oil, of all things!


okay.. had to get the bottle out of my purse and put on my specs..





You can get it from the ';Bird of Paradise Emu Ranch';, in Georgetown, TX.. their phjone number is: 512-778-6604...


This stuff is GREAT!!! I've answ3ered this question before and the writer sent a note to say it helped her, too!
1% Hydracortisone
TOPICAL CREAMS:





SOOTHES ROUGHNESS, ITCH AND MINIMIZES APPEARANCE





CORTIZONE CREAMS OVER THE COUNTER M.D PRESECIPTIONS NOT MUCH BETTER
Homeopathic Treatment for Skin Eczema :-


1.SULFUR 200


2.RHUS TOX 200


Three drop doses in a sip of warm water, Sulfur first thing in the morning and Rhus Tox after six hours of sulfur just one dose each per day and report back with your progress after a week.


Take care and God Bless you !
I have information on my page to help you. What you need is a


natural supplement that will balance your hormones.
I've heard people that have gone tanning to help with it.
Eczema flairs due to stress... destress and it will go away. The Aveeno anti-itch cream works well. It's a highly trusted brand and it has hydrocortizone in it. It's pricey but sometimes you have to pay extra for quality.


It's hard to destress... trust me when I tell you that a little relaxation will go along way to help with the itch factor.


Good luck-
I am a life-long atopic dermatitis patient(40+years).I use Cetaphil Lotion for cleansing;when a flare up is really bad,I don't rinse the Cetaphil off,I just wipe it off so it forms an extra layer of protection.Cetaphil also makes a bar cleanser for shower and bath.Aveeno Oatmeal bath is good for a soaking.Aveeno Bath and Shower Oil forms a good first layer of moisture,followed by Cetaphil Cream Moisturizer.I used Bluborro Astringent powder wet-compresses on really weepy patches. I use over-the-counter Cortaid plus moisturizer(my dermatologist used to make up the formula for me,but now it's available over-the-counter).I didnot like Protopic and Elidel;it's now proven that these medications do have some side effects, some which are very serious.Patience is the most important tool to use;flare- ups come and flare- ups go.My worst flare up lasted for 4 years.It was on my hands;I had to wear gloves anyway to wash dishes and clean up because of skin sensitivity;I ended up wearing cotton gloves under the latex and non-latex gloves to keep my hands from getting sweaty and taking breaks every 10 minutes to remove the gloves and let the skin rest.Then I had to make sure that I didn't need to reapply the medicine!!I know the frustrations that you are feeling.





It's really important not to use any products that are scented,contain lanolin,alph-olefin sulfonates,alkybenzene sulfonates,alpha-hydroxy acids(unless your dermatologist suggests it and you use it under doctor's supervision),and fatty alcohol sulfates.You need to make sure that your clothes detergent and softeners are non-irritating to you,too.


I am going to give you the names of some books and websites to look up. The information that you gain will need to be tailored to your circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment