Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Trying to find ideal eczema treatment...any ideas? Thanks.?

Condition exists on the ring and small fingers of my right hand. Currently using a combination of Aquaphor and Eucerin, which I normally apply before bed each night. (Once tried a topical corticosteroid cream prescribed by my dermatologist, which had minimal effect.) Not sure if this is the optimal over-the-counter solution. Thoughts? Thanks.Trying to find ideal eczema treatment...any ideas? Thanks.?
Friends of mine have tried and really like Arbonne products because they are all pure, natural and wonderful for people that suffer dry, skin or eczema.





Not sure if it would help you but it's worth mentioning.Trying to find ideal eczema treatment...any ideas? Thanks.?
my son has eczema really bad in the cold weather...the only thing that works for him is Aveeno with the dark blue cap. make sure it is the hand cream. stay away from the watered down lotions because that is just what they are, watered down. its about six dollars at walmart. give it a shot. works better than eucerine which he used for years.
I am going to list you three solutions. All three are proven method. If the first doesnt work try the second and if the second doesnt work try the third.





1. Apple Cider Vinegar (soak hands 20 minutes in 2 cups of waterwith half cup AVC.





2. Epsom Salt (use same directions as upon)





3. Urine (save a pint of urine and allow it to set for three days to age, soak hands in it for 20 minutes(do not dilute)-discard after use) Save more and repeat method until rash is gone.
I sometimes use a thin layer topical steroidal cream (which shouldn't be overused as it causes thinning skin and will stop working) called Emovate (Sc clobetasone butyrate) which I was prescribed to use twice a day, then went down to once, then only once or twice a day when needed. I can get this over the counter, but got a prescription from my doctor.





Also I use an emollient, moisturising and protective cream called DiproBase, which can be used as often as needed, but not exactly the same time as the steroidal one (I can also get this over the counter). I worked at a nursery a couple of years ago and a couple of the children had really bad excema. We used to apply DiproBase to the effected areas and their excemas mostly cleared. I've also heard that another cream called Double Base is also good and can be used instead of soap.





Talking of soap, I find that certain soaps irritate my skin especially perfumed ones like some Dove and Caress. I've worked in catering and find that the handsoaps used are the worse for causing dry, cracked, itchy skin. My hands were so bad that at onetime I had like small papercuts on nearly all my fingers on my right hand and all over that hand and a little on my left hand. I tried latex gloves, but they just made my hands worse and more irretated as the gloves make the hands sweat and they're not breathable. I tend to use a sensitive soap like Palmolive, but not Aloe Vera as that can sometime irretate me also.





At onetime I was prescribed an Aqueous cream, which can be used instead of soap but it didn't seem to make any difference.





Lastly unless you already do so, if you wash dishes by hands wear marigolds/rubber gloves (unless you're allergic to them) as the washing up liquid can irritate.
I tend to get eczema on the hands as well and what helped me was a prescription cream from my family dr called, Diprolene, and also my using Curel original formula, hand and body moisturizer (though Not the unscented as it doesn't have a really good scent ;) My skin is so sensitive and the curel is very lightweight and doesn't irritate my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment