Monday, December 21, 2009

Whats the best treatment for eczema?

ive tried every cream i can find...ive used presciption and non prescription creams...would tanning work?...should i ask my doctor if i do choose to go tanning for my eczema...any other treatment suggestions?Whats the best treatment for eczema?
I have eczema too, this is what I use :





Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion - I use this all over my body, it moisturizes real great and prevents future flare ups for me.





Link: http://www.cetaphil.com





Zincofax Extra Strength - its a baby cream that prevents diaper rash, i know it sounds wierd but my mom told me to try it and it actually helped me, if you do use this, only apply it on the super dry/itchy/irrated parts.





Link: http://www.canadadrugs.com/otc/product/Z鈥?/a>





Aveeno - Cools your skin %26amp; moisturizes %26amp; prevents you from scratching. I apply it when im itchy





Link: http://www.aveeno.com/segmentAction.do?s鈥?/a>











AND I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY but I lather natural green tea ( one with no sugar) over my eczema places before I shower, it has anti-oxidants in it that helps clear up my eczema/rashes/flare-ups :)Whats the best treatment for eczema?
The main cause of eczema is overreaction of the immune system. Identifying certain foods, chemicals, etc can be very helpful in battling this disease. I try to avoid soy and sea food which trigger my flare-ups.


After using number of prescription drugs I've turned to the natural treatments.


Now I use herbal remedies from serenaskin.com, which aim at the root of the disease - the immune system, and are steroid-free.


After about 3 weeks of using ointment and spray my skin has been cleared up and now I just continue with anti-eczema extract, which controls the immune system. My skin has been clear for months now.


It is the only treatment I have found that provides me complete relief when I use it as directed.
Have a look at the National Eczema Association site. They review and recommend various brands





http://www.easeeczema.org





Good luck
I have eczema and i found being in the sun cleared my excema up lovely, what prescription meds have you used? I use hydrocortisone and it works a treat for me, I also use garnier pure A moisturiser and that doesnt make my skin flare up, ive also use diprobase as a mosituriser after the hydrocortisone has soaked in. Id tell you doctor you are using tanning, but i would be very careful with sunbed and only tan for the recommended time incase you burn.





I hope this helps, mail me if you need to


Sophs xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment