Saturday, June 26, 2010

Whats the best treatment for eczema? 10 points!?

I had eczema for a while now..Mine used to be really bad..I had it in my neck,legs and especially in my hands.But I managed to keep mine under control. I found that using Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion is perfect for eczema. Also when you shower don't shower with hot water..try putting it warm and use dove soap. I noticed that whenever I used another soap my skin got really dry and itchy whenever i came out of the shower. Once you do that as soon as you dry yourself put lotion all over your body and use enough. Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated. This also helps a lot. If your gonna wash any dishes or clean the house put gloves on cause if not it could irritate your hands. Hope this helps..it does for me. :)





Oh yeah another thing..Whenever you do get itchy..a lot of people put there hands in hot water to stop the itch..don't do that and don't scratch..use a towel and try scratching it like that. It doesn't inflame that way..believe it helps..Then put lotion afterwards. Or you can also try cortizone10 cream..you can buy that at any pharmacy, rite-aid, walmart, target...etc. its not expensive.Whats the best treatment for eczema? 10 points!?
avoid extremes in temperatures in your shower...luke warm


apply a cream not lotion when your skin is still damp


avoid highly fragranced products


switch to free and clear detergent


Aveeno Advanced care is designed for eczema one of the best over the counters also sarna is a good anti itch


if those home remedies dont help it may be severe enough you need a prescription in the mix ask your dr.Whats the best treatment for eczema? 10 points!?
The main cause of eczema is overreaction of the immune system. Identifying certain foods, chemicals, etc can be very helpful in battling this disease. I try to avoid soy and milk products which trigger my flare-ups.


After using number of prescription drugs I've turned to the natural treatments.


Now I use herbal remedies from serenaskin.com, which aim at the root of the disease - the immune system, and are steroid-free.


After about 2 weeks of using ointment and spray my skin has been cleared up and now I just continue with anti-eczema extract, which controls the immune system. My skin has been clear for months now.


It is the only treatment I have found that provides me complete relief when I use it as directed.
hydro-cortisone cream


elocon cream - have to go to the doctor for this,prescription only

No comments:

Post a Comment