Saturday, June 26, 2010

Treatment for Venous statis eczema?

I have an irritant rash on the front of shins with haemosideron deposition. I have been advised to wear support stockings which i find very uncomfortable.Treatment for Venous statis eczema?
I have eczema and I certainly don't do that.


I am sixteen and have been doing this ever since I was born.


I regularly cut my nails, so I don't itch my self.


I regulary take warm/cold showers, don't take showers that are too hot, that irritates your skin. You want to take a warm enough shower , so you're not shivering, but not to the point where the water is so hot that your skin is turning red.


After you take a shower make sure and put on some sensitive skin %26amp; dry skin lotion. This will put back in the moisture and nutrients that are lacking for people with eczema.


I shave my legs very often. If you don,t you will begin to itch yourself alot, which isn't good.


When shaving your legs, make sure and get a SENSITIVE SKIN shaving gel/cream, this makes a big difference. Never use just water, or soap, you need this cream/gel.





FINALLY, last but CERTAINLY not least...


Go to any drug store close to you, (safeway, bi-mart, target, wal-mart, walgreens, or rite aid), and get an ointment called


'; hydrocortisone 1%'; make sure it's a maximum strength ointment. This is an antipruritic ointment, meaning it will stop the itching and start the healing. Put this on regularly at night or in the morning, start off using it twice a week, for a week, and then once a week, after that. You should see swelling and itching go down ALOTTT!!


I really hope this helps.


If you have any other questions i would love to help!


Good-bye.


Kathryn :)Treatment for Venous statis eczema?
rub olive oil on your shins
  • camcorders
  • 1 comment: