Saturday, June 26, 2010

Baby is 8 weeks old and has eczema on her face. Any treatment suggestions?

See pediatrician


Eczema isn't an amateur treatment


Your baby will be lots more comfy on


prescription meds


then you can ask other questions tooBaby is 8 weeks old and has eczema on her face. Any treatment suggestions?
i think its johnson and johnson that sells baby eczema stuff. white bottle, purple writing.Baby is 8 weeks old and has eczema on her face. Any treatment suggestions?
Has the doctor called it eczema? My daughter had what I thought was eczema at 6 weeks (my nieces both had it) and it was just baby acne. When it got so bad that her face was peeling, they had me use a cream. I was making a common mistake new moms make, I was using soap (J%26amp;J head to toe baby wash) on her face. You're only to use water on a baby's face. So, get some aquaphor lotion by eucerin for the baby's face %26amp; start using just water on her face. It'll clear up. :)
It's probably not ezcema. At this age it's probably just what they call ';baby acne'; or clogged pores. There is no treatment, and it goes away on it's own. My son is 10 weeks old and still has this on his face.





Just ask her doc when you go for her 2 month appointment. :)
My son had this very bad.Good news is it goes away on its own and leaves no scaring bad news is it can stay till she is two.We used those little mittens so he couldnt scratch his face in his sleep and after he was one we started giving him green drink in his bottles.It full of green veggies and barley we got from the health food store it helps but until your baby is at least one you just hit and miss try whatever seems safe.
This is something I like to share.


My daughter - had eczema when she was 2 months old- was 8 wks premature too


When I started looking for natural alternatives - after much searching and researching ingredients in products, I found this thing that cleared her up pretty good- no fragrances, no additves they say and all-natural -and safe for babies-


she still gets flareups but she's off the hydrocortisone after 1 month of using - she didnt have it terribly bad though.


The thickish scars on her legs have gone now- first they thinned out and then started to fade - took about 4 months, maybe. and her flareups are way down - I know when the itching starts to dab some of the product and shut it down pretty well.


heres the site www.katuri.com


Everyone's different they say and react differently, even to all-natural products - but hope it works as well as for my lil girl.





Tammy
If it's truly eczema, it will need to be treated by a doctor with steroid creams. I would recommend running it by the doctor to find out what they recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment