Saturday, June 26, 2010

Phototherapy treatment for eczema....?

I am due to commence phototherapy treatment for my eczema..atopic...and have been told that I shouldn't moisturise my self prior to the uv treatment. My predicament is that I have to travel by bus to to hospital where the reatment is received but going a couple of hours after a shower without moisturising myslef will cause my skin to dry and flake...embarassing at the best of times but how do I deal with this? Just for the sake of completeness I am not allowed to moisturise prior to treatment as the creams may cause the treatment to 'burn'my skin...!





Any suggestions!Phototherapy treatment for eczema....?
Can you use a moisturizing cleanser in the shower? I would just wear clothes that will cover you up for the bus ride. You might be hot but maybe people won't notice your condition this way.


Good luck with your treatment. I'm sorry i don't have a better answer for you.Phototherapy treatment for eczema....?
I know this is hard to do, I did it for my psoriasis. You just have to grin and bear it, and let the skin fall where it may! Just concentrate on getting those treatments, and knowing they will make you better. To heck with what other people think!

No comments:

Post a Comment